Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Prevalence of Blogs in the Teaching Community

I never thought I would implement tools like a blog in my classroom, yet it does have some promise of being effective, if implemented correctly. I have a friend student teaching in high school English classes and expects his students to participate in a blog he set up. This seems to be a great way of developing writing skills and, at the same time, encouraging participation and completing assignments. This can be an effective way of enforcing homework assignments in English classes, which so often consist of reading. So much is based on the honor system, yet all teachers and future educators are aware of students' tendencies, and often the material goes unread or not read deeply enough.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I agree that having a class blog is a good idea. Not only is it a surefire way for students to know what homework to do, it also improves their technology skills.